Saturday, September 29, 2012

Shades-XI


Tammana had not loved him because she wanted to, but she fell for him as she was meant for it. They had hardly met since when she had started having the weird feeling for him.. Even she was amazed with the degree of involvement, she had started falling into.
Tammy carried on the story, saying, and “Each fine day I would dress up like it was my B’day and wait for the bus. My eyes would toggle around for the most unfamiliar but equally familiar face that would pay even a little attention to her. Some of the days, I couldn’t even find him in the bus & that day went as the worst part of me. The day would pass, but I would stay them and there. Today I feel how stupid I was & what all stupidity love makes human do. It completely transforms a healthy living human to the most vulnerable and equally stupid creature on this earth. I could feel the sensations of the same driving in the insight of me. What I couldn’t understand was whether to get rid of it or flow in the same pace?”
“It was one of the most awaited Sunday, as we used to gang out, with due permission from our parents. The same sources, our low floor buses, were out beginning and the destination. We were a gang of five girls, the famous five and we would drench ourselves into the fun and frolic on Sundays. Movies, hang out and every other fun filling activity, that appeared in our dignified boundary. I always had a compassionate lust towards drinks and always wanted to taste them, once in my life time. We were in the complete party mood, travelling in the same red colored bus, which was supposed to be our lifeline. It was a singer’s eve, where we were supposed to go. We were allowed to attend the show till 7pm and that was more than enough for us. Out of no where, a thing came in my notice. No wonder it was the same notification, which was running in my mind since my fall for him. It was hard enough to believe what was right at my front. My gang didn’t know about all these, as I had never been a kind of person, who would share the insights. But, my sudden blush and temperament change could hint them that something was fishy. I tried my level best to avoid any direct eye contact and any further notification. The fate had decided something else. This time he wasn’t travelling alone, he had a big bunch of guys, along with him, that was kindling his confidence. I saw him whispering in his friend’s ear and walking towards me. I felt as if I would loose my senses, feeling of hiding myself in the bus floor, I was behaving like an Ostrich, actually.”
Ankush was surprised with the word Ostrich, that came in the story and started with his query, “Tammy sorry for interrupting you , but can I know what was an Ostrich, the flightless bird doing, in between you and the guy. Tammy was amused at the query he had developed from his little older brain. She smiled and explained the logic how an Ostrich would hide his head, under the ground, stupidly thinking that nobody would be watching it. Ankush was laughing at the stupidity, that a flightless bird was showing and his innocent smile was adding more life in Tammy’s life. She felt more alive with every little smile he would shower, in her so called life.

1 comment: