Friday, January 24, 2014

SHADES-XIV

“Sun had already raised high and I had another reason to keep my head low. I couldn't believe what I was doing? Seeing him coming down from a distance along with the same bunch of friends he used to carry, I was burying my head , as low as I could. Adding to my visibility, I hadn't put my scarf on, even. I wanted my beauty to tag him, that was the reason of avoiding the scarf, but lo what I was doing for my exposure was only trying to dig myself in the grounds. Not sure if he had noticed me or not I peeped through the corner of my eyes and what happened was never on the plot. He seemed to be standing right next to me , but without even a hint of me. Suddenly I heard a voice right from my left side, “Excuse me”. I trembled with a shiver that ran into trillions of nerve I carried in my body. The voice continued and I forced my eyelids from raising high, “ If I am not mistaken, which I usually don’t , have we met before. I remember something vaguely about you and being very honest something drew me towards you as I am not into bumping into someone asking such stupid questions. So, in short do we know each other?”

 A deep silence prevailed all around, even though there was much of a noisy air at the bus-stop. I didn't even raise a single word and not even my eyes, until I five fingers flashing right in front of my face and a firm voice raising a question ,” “Hello mam, I am talking to you, if you don’t mind, could you answer me please. I think I haven’t asked one of those difficult MCQ’s that are asked in your medical exams that you are out of your calculation.” The firmness turned into a mocking smile, then after, I had no other choice than to answer him. I looked straight in his eyes and asked, “ If you can remember all these shit, can’t you remember, who I am?”, and turned my head right away from him,and walked around five steps away from him. My strength of anger had definitely created a question mark in his mind and he followed me counting right five steps in proportion to mine. I was a little pissed off at his reaction, but was loving the steps he was taking towards me. As he was about to utter a few more rigid words, right then the bus appeared out of nowhere and the horn broke both our anticipations, running around.” Tammy could watch Ankush’s  pink face opened in astonishment and he jovially touched his lower chin to close his open mouth.They both laughed together on the fact that how serious they have gone in the flow, that none of them noticed the opened piece of mouth, Ankush had been carrying throughout the conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Tammy Rocks! I hope, there are many twists and turns which are yet to come in her life! :)

    ReplyDelete